The Arizona Department of Gaming has recently released the sports wagering figures for the month of July, 2023. Phoenix bettors throughout the great state of Arizona wagered more than $323 million on sport bets throughout July of 2023.
These sports wagering figures in Arizona for July 2023 represent an overall 11.3 % increase when compared to the previous year (July of 2022). Sports gambling has now surpassed $11 billion in total bets placed since the very forefront inception of the sports betting market way back in the year of 2021.
The desert state of Arizona collected somewhere around up to approximately $2.7 million in privilege fees in the month of July, 2023 which a total increase of 79 % when compared to the numbers from July of 2022.
About the Arizona Department of Gaming
The Arizona Department of Gaming was established by Arizona State Legislature all the way back in the year 1995. This department that governs the sports betting market in Arizona and it just so happens to be the state regulatory agency for tribal gaming, racing and pari – mutuel / simulcast wagering, event and sports wagering, fantasy sports, and the unarmed combat sports in the state of AZ.
The Arizona Department of Gaming also provides and supports the overall education, prevention, and treatment programs for individuals and families that are impacted by gambling problems through their Division of Problem Gambling. The 24 – hour confidential and anonymous helpline number is 1 – 800 – NEXT – STEP.
FanDuel Top Spot for all Sports Betting Operators in July 2023:
When breaking it all down by Arizona’s online sports betting operators – FanDuel was the top performer in sports betting when looking at the total number of bets as well as the revenue generated. Here is a complete list of the Top – 5 Arizona online sports bookmakers, according to the Arizona Department of Gaming’s July 2023 revenue report:
- FandDuel has been dominating the sports betting market share in Arizona over July of 2023 with $113.66 million in total accepted wagers while recording a gross revenue of $13.59 million.
- DraftKings came in 2nd – place with a report of $102.36 million in accepted wagers and $10.25 million in gross revenue.
- BetMGM took 3rd – place with a betting share of $43.29 million in accepted wagers and $5.91 million in adjusted gross revenue.
- Followed by Caesars in the 4th – spot with $32.61 million in accepted wagers and $2.47 million in gross revenue.
- Finally, Barstool in 5th – place with $8.95 million in total bets taken and $659,419 in gross revenue prior to all the deductions and promos are accounted for.