Former Inspired Entertainment Chief Commercial Officer Steve Rogers joins list of high-profile backers of United Kingdom affiliate marketing product provider
- 20SHOTS’ unique business model and marketing offering are attracting major investors in both the world of venture capital and the betting and gaming sector
- Rogers joins a prestigious line-up of 20SHOTS investors, bringing with him more than 25 years’ experience in the industry
- Rogers will accelerate 20SHOTS’ growth by bolstering commercial and execution capabilities
Global affiliate marketing product provider 20SHOTS has strengthened its portfolio of industry backers as former Inspired Entertainment Chief Commercial Officer – Virtual Sports, Steve Rogers, joins the impressive portfolio of industry investors.
Rogers, who has, during his time in the sector, helped broker deals with the likes of Shaquille O’Neal, Mike Tyson, the NFL and the NBA, joins a roster of tech and gaming heavyweight backers.
Fellow investors include:
- Animal Capital, a VC based in Los Angeles that has invested in several sports betting businesses including Underdog Fantasy
- Jasper White, former Chief Executive Officer for sports betting company Gambit Research who now runs a hedge fund focused on the betting industry
- John Pettit, previously Group Commercial Director for both Ladbrokes and Gala Coral and now Chief Commercial Officer for Playtech BGT Sports
- Alex Donohue, founder and Managing Director for Press Box PR
Speaking about the new partnership, the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer for 20SHOTS, Jacob Kalms, said Rogers’ industry knowledge and connections were a welcome addition, accelerating expansion plans across multiple markets including Latin America, the United States and the United Kingdom.
“Our ambition is to become one of the leading affiliate marketing technology platforms and attracting the right strategic investment from the gaming industry and beyond is a key part of this plan,” Kalms said. “Rogers’ investment bolsters our capabilities in terms of not only commercial growth but smooth integration of our increasingly diverse range of products with our partners. He will also play a key role in developing our offering for a range of markets, working in conjunction with our existing team and investors, both in and out of the gaming industry.”
“Over my 25 years in this industry I have seen how innovative technology and product development from specialist marketing platforms have improved commercial capabilities for operators, affiliates and other parties,” Rogers said. “I believe 20SHOTS has the potential to accelerate how operators recruit and retain customers, particularly in a changing regulatory environment, using the power of fantasy sports to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
“I am looking forward to working with Jacob, the 20SHOTs management team and other investors to accelerate the growth of its product roadmap and expansion into new territories to usher in a new era of growth for the company.”