Charles Mizzi has been selected by the Malta Gaming Authority’s board of governors as its new chief executive officer.
The appointment takes effect from January 26; Mizzi will be shadowing outgoing CEO Dr Brincat until that time.
“I am honoured to have been given the opportunity to lead the authority,” said Mr Mizzi.
“I am keen to build on past successes and, together with the team under the guidance of the minister responsible and the board of governors, to strategically steer the authority forward so that Malta’s already robust position in the field may be further strengthened while delivering value to all stakeholders.”
Silvio Schembri, Minister for the Economy, EU Funds and Lands congratulated Mizzi on his appointment, as well as thanking Dr Brincat for his service.
“With his vast experience in managing the operations of a number of entities and his contributions towards major projects, Charles Mizzi is undoubtedly the right candidate to continue building on what the MGA has achieved so far, and lead his excellent colleagues within the Authority towards further future success,” the Hon. Minister Schembri said.