It’s hard to find a person who’s never heard about roulette. This game rightfully occupies the list of the top popular gambling games of all time. However, the irony is that most people think of it as a game of chance and could really use some roulette tips and tricks. It takes good skills and knowledge to master this game, but it’s not impossible.
When we talk about casino roulette tips and tricks, we mean a variety of different things – from the technique itself to your mental attitude. Over the years, players and enthusiasts have developed multiple techniques to make their chances of winning better. So, why not try them out?
We’ve assembled the best tips to play roulette and win from a number of sources. If you’re a beginner, you’ll understand the basics to get you started. If you’re a pro, you’ll also pick up some actionable hacks for beating the house as often as possible.
10 Roulette Tips to Help You Win More
The most exciting part of our guide are tips on how to win online roulette. You might be thinking that roulette is just about luck, which would be a wrong judgment. While you can’t change where the ball will land, you have some influence over other factors.
1. Make Your Money Last
The first in our list of online roulette tips and tricks is about having good money management practices. It’s unlikely that you’re entering the game with an unlimited budget. You have to realize how much you are willing to devote to this entertainment and start slow.
You don’t go big on the first try. Since you can’t accurately predict whether you win or lose, you have to assume that you’re likely to lose the next round. Place small bets and let them multiply with time. There is an additional perk of having increasingly bigger profits.
2. Set Aside a Percentage of Your Profits
This one has to do with roulette payout tricks. If your previous bet played well or you moved on from another machine, keep some money to yourself. You might find yourself in the vicious circle of winning at the roulette and quickly blowing this money during the next round.
Many experts recommend not playing with the money you’ve won at all. Although this advice is not always attainable, you should remember the main sentiment – don’t rush into the next round with everything you have.
3. Practice Online
Thanks to modern technologies, you don’t have to drive or fly across the country to enjoy a casino game. The most convenient and cost-effective way of playing roulette is via online platforms.
Typically, these services offer better conditions since they aren’t pressured to pay enormous rent payments like with a casino building. They can afford to offer favorable conditions and pay their players a little more. Plus, there are significantly wider varieties of roulette you can try out on the Internet.
4. Check Out All the Rules First
With both offline and online casinos, you should learn what roulette versions they offer, whether they changed the rules, and anything else you find relevant. This will prevent the embarrassment of not knowing some rules and ending up in large debt.
No one is going to explain the rules to you unless you specifically seek them out. While casinos might offer basic assistance and online interfaces are very intuitive, it makes sense to check for hidden pitfalls.
5. Don’t Underestimate the Game
Roulette seems easy even compared to other casino games like poker. However, it doesn’t mean you should treat it as something childish. This mentality could lead to reckless behavior and, in turn, cost you a lot of money. Instead, treat roulette as any other more or less complicated game with strategies, calculations, and probabilities.
6. Educate Yourself
Once again, we suggest taking advantage of Internet capabilities. A quick search for online roulette tips and tricks will leave you with numerous articles, guides, and videos on the topic. Bear in mind that not all educational materials are created equal, so you have to be careful in your selection.
Take your time getting familiar with roulette, but also find time to actually play it. Use these materials as an introduction to the game. But then, set them aside and practice your techniques and refine them while playing.
7. Set Loss Limits
This is a famous term that stock market traders tend to use. Surprisingly, traders and casino players have a lot in common, including the need to protect their funds with loss limits. This means that before you enter the game, you should decide how much money you can afford to spend.
If you reach the limit, you will know that you have to stop playing for the time being. You might get caught up in the moment and start thinking that the next round is going to recover you completely. Since you can’t be sure about that, it’s best to quit as soon as you exceed your personal limit.
8. Know When the Strategy Doesn’t Work
Whether it’s because of greed or pride, many players don’t want to acknowledge that their strategy is failing. It doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s a bad strategy. It simply means that it’s not working for a particular situation.
But the tricky part is to figure out when to change it up. Naturally, any strategy could lead to occasional losses. You’ll have to trust your instincts and switchn roulette strategies before it’s too late.
9. Play at Reputable Casinos
This is perhaps one of the best roulette tips we can give you today. If you had an incredible winning streak, you have no access to your money unless the online platform allows it. If you come across scammers, it won’t matter how much money you managed to collect.
Treat this decision just like you would do with choosing a bank. See what other users are saying, compare the offerings with other ones, and check for casino bonuses. Find a service that you can actually trust.
10. Take Breaks
The last on our list of top roulette tips is about taking care of yourself. When there is money on the line, it’s normal to have some concerns. But if you find yourself too stressed and overwhelmed, you can always log off for some time. The online platform will still be there when you return.
It gives you time to re-evaluate all the important elements: what approach you’re using, whether you should change it, how much money is going in and out, what your emotional state is, and much more.
The Famous Roulette Betting Systems
A significant number of tips for playing roulette are based on mathematical principles. Although some people are skeptical about their effectiveness, it makes sense to try beating the house using them. Some websites that give casino roulette tricks to win don’t mention the disadvantages. Still, we want to give you the full picture.
Let’s take a look at some of them and compare the rules they imply.
Many roulette tips and tricks to win originated from the Martingale system. The system is easy to get a hold of, but remember that it’s rather risky. The set-up is as follows:
- You should enter the game with a small amount. Interestingly, it doesn’t matter what you bet it on.
- If you win the first bet, keep the winnings and bet the same amount again.
- If you lose, double the amount of the original bet and place it on the same number.
- Continue the pattern. Keep betting the same until you lose and then double the bet.
- Leave whenever you’re satisfied with your profits, or you’ve reached the max bet at the table.
The main disadvantage of the Martingale strategy is that it slightly plays around a logical fallacy. It implies that if one color has appeared a hundred times, it means the other one has a higher probability of winning the next round. But the odds are the same every time, so be careful.
The Labouchere system is also quick to learn. The amount you’re betting varies depending on whether you’ve won or lost the previous wager. This method requires a piece of paper and a pen. Other than that, there are no additional requirements, and you can easily visualize the amount of money in play.
Here is the algorithm:
- A player makes a decision on how much money they want to win by the end of the game. Then, they write down a list of positive numbers that sum up to the specified amount. It could be a stake of $6(1+2+3) or something like that.
- Each stake is the sum of the first and last numbers. For our example, it would be $4(1+3).
- If you win the bet, you should cross these numbers from the sequence.
- If you lose, you should add the last stake to the sequence – $10(1+2+3+4).
- Continue the process until you take all the numbers out of the sequence. This will mean that you’ve gained the money you originally wanted.
The list of the best roulette machine tips and tricks always includes the Fibonacci sequence. The famous Fibonacci mathematical sequence is used in many fields, including economics, trading, optics, and, as you can see, in casino strategies. Baccarat side bets strategies also include the Fibonacci system as one of the most prominent ones.
The sequence goes like this: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, etc. The logic behind this sequence is that every following number is a sum of the previous two. According to players, this strategy helps you walk away with profits even if you’ve lost more bets.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Start with any bet of your choosing.
- If the bet doesn’t win, raise it by going down the sequence. Let’s say, you’ve started with $3. According to the sequence, if you lose, bet $8 the next time.
- If you win, go back two steps and place that amount. In this case, it would be $2.
- Carry on with this cycle until you’re happy with what you’ve got.
The main drawback of this method is that the sequence is pretty steep. This means that you can quickly go into very high values.
Lastly, you can often find the D’Alembert strategy in lists of tips for roulette online. In comparison to other strategies, it can be considered low-risk. You don’t have to increase your wagers by large amounts, so you should be relatively safe.
Here is what players are encouraged to do:
- Similar to other strategies we’ve mentioned, you can start on any number.
- If you lose, increase your bet by one to make up for it. If you win, lower your bet by one.
- Don’t walk away until you have at least as many wins as losses.
The disadvantage is that it gets harder to track down the number of winnings and losses. Other than that, you should benefit from solid math in this strategy.
American vs. European Roulettes
The difference between American and European Roulette used to be more visible in the layout and the table specifics. However, now they are fairly uniform, and you should be able to apply most roulette tips and tricks for both versions.
The key thing you should know about these methods is that they offer different house edge percentages. Here is why:
- The European Roulette wheel includes 37 numbers, from 0 to 36 (with only one green 0). The odds of winning are 1 in 37.
- The American Roulette wheel includes 38 numbers. Similarly, it’s from 0 to 36 but containing one additional pocket (the double green zero). The odds of winning are 1 in 38.
Let’s look in detail how exactly an extra number affects the house edge. Each number carries odds of 35/1 in both versions. One pocket with a zero in the European game takes an edge of 2.7%, which means the return-to-player rate is 97.3%.
An extra zero pocket in the American version means that the house edge is up to 5.26%. In return, it leaves the player with 94.74%. At first glance, the difference is subtle, but the more you play online roulette, the more significance it gains. Luckily for players, online casinos host both types so you can experiment with each one.
Keep in mind these European roulette tips and tricks:
- Make sure to start the game with equal chances bets. Even though this version has worse payouts, it’s compensated by a better winning possibility.
- If you’re going to use a betting strategy, check which version it’s more suitable for.
- You shouldn’t be too excited about the better edge. At the end of the day, you’re still at a disadvantage against the casino.
Here are our American roulette tips and tricks:
- It’s not recommended to place bets on the numbers 1, 2, and 3, as well as 0 and 00.
- If the strategy is suited for the European version, never use it here, especially if it’s a mathematically calculated strategy.
- Don’t pass on the American version just because of the house edge difference.
How to Deal with Roulette Losses
The specifics of roulette are both exciting and frustrating. It’s a blend of luck, skill, or talent that roulette cheats and tips can’t always cover. Everyone would like to win every round, but, unfortunately, winning streaks can’t last forever. The key is not to feel absolutely devastated when it happens.
No matter how much time you spend studying different calculated strategies, making predictions, and spotting trends, losses remain inevitable. Even the most experienced players have to come to terms with this fact.
That said, this realization shouldn’t discourage you. Enjoying the game of roulette should be your top priority. You get to use your analytical skills and a bit of luck, which has a lot of value on its own.
It is equally important to protect your bankroll and enjoy your time. The more experienced you become along the way, the easier it will be to calculate probabilities.
With time, the game will become more intuitive. If you find yourself struggling to make decisions and trust your gut, take your time. There is no reason to stress over big jackpots.
Try out different variations, use roulette table tips and tricks, and determine which style suits you best. If you’re confident in your abilities, you’ll have no trouble dealing with occasional losses. It’s often said that as soon as you let something go, things will improve.
Don’t forget to use our gross and net winnings calculator below to keep track of your bankroll!
Best and Worst Behaviors of Roulette Players
There are certain do’s and don’ts that apply to both experienced and novice gamblers. Even if they use the most effective online gambling roulette tricks, it might still come down to their behavior. We don’t want you to fall victim to the wrong playing mentality. So, here are helpful roulette tips that are aimed at improving your psychological state:
- Choose the system that you like. Some people strongly recommend sticking to the European roulette wheel because of the lower edge. It might be true for your case. At the same time, you might find a completely different variety that yields the best result personally for you.
- Stay relaxed. You might know it from your daily life – making decisions out of emotions is definitely not the best approach. It’s normal to make mistakes, especially when it comes to roulette. At the same time, you also don’t want your winnings to cloud your judgment.
- Know when to stop. This rule also works for either situation. If you’re not having much luck, don’t stick around for ages attempting to win your money back. Alternatively, if you’ve already made a good profit, quitting while you’re ahead would be a wise move.
- Keep learning. There are many variations and methods coming out, which you can take advantage of. Continue researching online and look for professional advice. Just make sure to find credible sources of information.
Along with knowing what you should do, also consider what you shouldn’t do:
- Don’t blindly follow strategies. We’ve discussed popular strategies based on mathematical calculations. However, these systems aren’t fail-proof. Use your own judgment to decide what would be the best move.
- Don’t get superstitious. We’ve briefly mentioned that people put too much trust into lucky/unlucky numbers. The truth is that probabilities in roulette have nothing to do with personal beliefs. It’s best to stay down the earth and act more rationally.
- Don’t chase your losses. Experienced gamblers aren’t fixated on calculating their winning and loss ratio. They refine their techniques and let the results follow. If you do it the other way around, you will spend too much time with your calculations rather than actually playing.
- Don’t let your pride get in the way. Players have to admit when they’re doing something wrong. If you don’t deny that your current method isn’t working, you won’t be able to change it for the better.
Find the Best Online Casino for You
Those unfamiliar with the roulette probabilities think that they can successfully bet on their lucky numbers. Even though it might sometimes lead to good results, the reason is just a stroke of beginner’s luck. Our best ‘how to play roulette’ tips are definitely more reliable than hoping to get lucky every time.
Betting on your favorite combination of numbers is fun and doesn’t require much effort on your part. However, if you put more thought into the process, you’ll have an even better experience.
Are you looking for a perfect place to apply these tips to win roulette online? Bob Casino is here to bring the authentic casino experience wherever you are: behind a computer screen, smartphone, or tablet. There are over 25 types of roulette varieties, so even a picky player will find something for their taste.
We have everything you need: an easy-to-use interface, a live dealer, and favorable betting terms. Start playing today!
Tips and Tricks You Need To Know to Win in Casino Roulette