All aboard! Pragmatic Play‘s new London Underground-inspired slot, Down The Rails, takes players through various well-known areas of England’s capital via its rapid transit system, the Tube. The 5×3 reel title takes us back in time and features some famous historical figures along with its share of modifiers, bonus, and free spins that can lead to wins of up to 5,000x the bet.
The imaginative video slot has 20 fixed paylines and players collets wins by landing three to five-of-a-kind symbols on adjacent reels starting from the far left side. For play on all devices, this highly volatile spinner’s theoretical RTP is at its highest at 96.51 percent. High volatility games tend to pay out less often, however, the chance of hitting a bigger win in less time is higher. Set your stakes from $0.20 to $100 per spin on this trip underground.
Game Symbols and Paytable:
Regarding the game’s colorful symbols, card royals J, Q, K and A serve as the lower values and pay from $0.40 to $10.00 for three to five-of-a-kind, while a handful of famous British figures including Sir Isaac Newton, Florence Nightingale, William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill and Henry VIII are the high pays and worth from $1.00 to $50.00 or 10x25x the bet the same way. Appearing on all reels, the Wild symbol substitutes for all symbols except for the Bonus and feature-specific symbols and pays from $4.00 to $50.00 when landing three to five of them, the same as the game’s highest pay six-time married former King of England symbol.
Getting started on features, which there are plenty of, during base gameplay on any spin one of five modifier extras can be triggered randomly and each of them providers even more big win potential! They include:
- Tunnel Vision – adds Mystery symbols to reels. They hit randomly and transform into the same paying symbol.
- The Big Smoke – adds one 3×3 collosol pay or bonus symbol to reels 1, 2, 3, or 4.
- Wild Strike – brings random Wilds to the reels in random positions.
- Shifting Stack – awards multiplier Wild reels. Exclusive to this feature, when the spin stops, all new wild symbols are moved into view, covering all positions on that reel. Each of the Shifting Wild Stacks includes a random x2 or x3 multiplier applied to all wins passing through them.
- Bonus Blitz – randomly awards the Bonus feature or the End of the Line round.
Players can also either trigger or gamble for one of five individual bonus rounds. The former can be initiated by landing at least three scatter symbols. Players can accept what they’ve been awarded or choose to gamble it.
Successful attempts at the latter award the next higher tier bonus, while unsuccessful gambles result in a 4-24x the bet payout before returning to the base game. Gambling is over when one of three scenarios plays out – it is lost, the bonus is accepted, or the End of the Line is won.
The five non-retriggerable bonuses take players across well-known London destinations. They include:
- Pentonville – awards 5 free spins. Winning combinations are marked into a cluster and the remainder of the symbols respin. When there are no symbols left to be added to the cluster, respins end and winning combinations are paid.
- Kings Cross – also awards 5 free spins. During this bonus feature, spots on middle reels are marked with a cross. A wild symbol landing in a marked spot sees all symbols in the other marked spots transform into wild.
- Buckingham Palace – awards 8 free spins. This round sees a fully stacked wild symbol added to the reel strips. If it lands outside of the screen, it moves vertically to cover all positions on its reel. Additionally, all character symbols transform into the one that is worth the most.
- Canary Wharf – 8 free spins are also awarded here along with a new collect symbol. On random spins, character symbols can display random values of 1x to 50x the bet. If the collect symbol happens to be in view at the same time, the values are awarded.
- End of the Line – a Hold & Respin feature. The round starts with 3 respins on an empty grid. When character money symbols hit, the spin count is reset back to 3. Money symbols lock into place with values of 1x to 2,500x the bet, and when special symbols – Extra Life, Prize Boost, Expand and Multiplier – land, they are collected.
The round is over when either respins are exhausted, the win cap is hit, or the grid is covered in money symbols.
“Producing feature-filled slots that our fans adore is always the driving force behind our game production and Down the Rails™ is filled with more features than perhaps any other release thus far, read a statement from Irina Cornides, Chief Operating Officer for Pragmatic Play.
The CCO went on to explain that the during the base game, there are mechanics that can be triggered, allowing players who are feeling lucky to gamble their free spins for a chance to “gain more lucrative rewards.” Cornides adds…
“We are excited to see players’ reception to this London-inspired release and which bonus out of the five on offer will be their favourite.”
Destined to be a hit, the latest releases follows other player-favorites from the multi-product content provider such as Hot to Burn Extreme, Black Bull and Greedy Wolf, each of which is home within a collection of 200-plus titles in Pragmatic Play’s fast-growing games portfolio.
In related news, the provider also recently announced that they won the Live Casino Provider Of The Year award at the SiGMA Balkans and CIS Awards held on August 22, 2022, in Belgrade, Serbia.