On Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 the San Francisco 49ers announced that they have signed their young and highly skilled All – Pro interior linebacker, Fred Warner, to a five – year contract extension that is reportedly worth approximately $95 million. This new deal now makes Fred the highest paid off – the – ball linebacker in the National Football League at the moment.
Details of the Contract Extension
This new contractual agreement between the superstar linebacker in Warner and the San Francisco 49ers is a five – year contract extension valued at $95,025,000. This fresh off the press deal includes a whopping $ 40.5 million in total guaranteed money for the now extremely rich 24 – year – old blossoming defensive specialist.
This contract extension does not possess a signing bonus, or any incentives that is public knowledge right now. Currently Fred is now scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent prior to the 2027 – 2028 season of the National Football League.
Wagner will now earn an average salary of $19 million which is one million dollars more ($18 million) than the previous highest paid interior linebacker in the Seattle Seahawks Bobby Wagner who was also a 7 – year NFL Pro – Bowl selection and Super Bowl XLVIII champion. Fred’s total guaranteed money consisting of $40.5 million is second most to only C. J. Mosley of the New York Jets in guaranteed total money for an off – the – ball linebacker as Mosley’s current contract with the New York Jets includes $51 million in total guaranteed loot.
Major Defensive Contributions from Fred Warner
“A third – round pick in the 2018 draft, Warner ranks seventh in the NFL in tackles (366) and is one of two players with 250-plus solo tackles (252) and 15 – plus pass breakups (16) in that time, along with Wagner. Warner finished last season with 125 tackles, a sack, a forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and two interceptions as he earned his first Pro Bowl and All – Pro nods along with the Niners’ two most prestigious team awards. Warner joins tight end George Kittle and left tackle Trent Williams in landing record – setting contracts for their position in the past year. Kittle re – signed just before last year’s training camp, and Williams agreed to his deal with the Niners in March,” According to ESPN’s Nick Wagoner.
Now that Warner got paid big – time for an interior and / or m idle linebacker he has reset the standard for top defensive players of this position. Both Roquan Smith of the Chicago Bears as well as Darius Leonard of the Indianapolis Colts are due for very lucrative big – money contract extensions, and Fred’s recent deal should increase the value of players such as the caliber of Smith, Leonard, and Warner.
Over the course of Fred Warner’s 3 – year career (48 games all which were starts) in the National Football League he has accumulated 367 combo – tackles, 253 solo tackles, 114 assisted tackles, 4 sacks, 3 interceptions, 49 interception return yards, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 touchdown he returned off of an interception, 0 safeties, 14 quarterback hits, and 15 tackles for a loss.
Fred Warner’s Football Background and Biographical Information
The now 6 – foot 3 – inch and 230 – pound bruising linebacker was born in San Marcos, California. Warner attended Mission Hills High School in San Marcos, CA. Fred played his NCAA college football at Brigham Young University (BYU). Selected by the San Francisco 49ers with the 70th overall pick in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft.
Bold Predictions for the 2021 – 2022 San Francisco 49ers
- The San Francisco 49ers will win the NFC West division of the National Football League.
- The San Francisco 49ers will put together a 2021 – 2022 NFL regular season record of either 12 and 5 or 13 and 4 as they will easily make the 2021 – 2022 NFL postseason.
- The Seattle Seahawks will make second place in the difficult and competitive NFC West. While the Arizona Cardinals finish third followed by the Los Angeles Rams in fourth of the NFC West.
- The Green Bay Packers will have to move on from Aaron Rodgers on Rodgers’ account, and the Green Bay Packers will have to start Jordan Love at quarterback in week 1 of the 2021 – 2022 NFL season.
- Now in the AFC the Kansas City Chiefs will battle the Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, and the Buffalo Bills for the right to play in Super Bowl LVI which will be held at SoFi Stadium, the multi – billion – dollar new stadium located in Inglewood, California.
- Now in the NFC East the Dallas Cowboys will still suck, as will the Philadelphia Eagles too, and really who cares who wins that soft division at this point.
- The NFC North will of course be won by Da Chicago Bears. No questions asked.
- The NFC South will most likely go back to Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If not the Bucs than possibly the New Orleans Saints.
- The Cleveland Browns will have a similar season to last year’s 2020 – 2021 NFL season, the Pittsburgh Steelers will show slight signs of improvement, and the Cincinnati Bengals will once again be at the bottom of the barrel in the AFC North.
- The Miami Dolphins will be the most surprising NFL franchise as they will win double – digit games during this upcoming 2021 – 2022 NFL regular season. The Miami Dolphins should make it to the NFL playoffs this year too.
Fred Warner’s Football Career Achievements, Honors, and Awards
- NFL’s First – Team All – Pro (2020)
- NFL Pro – Bowl Selection (2020)