The International Association of Gaming Regulators has released the program for its
annual conference, taking place in Melbourne, Australia from 17 to 20 October.
The program is available on IAGR’s website, with early–bird ticket prices on offer until 15
IAGR Vice President and UK Gambling Commission Director, Ben Haden, believes the
line–up is one of the strongest yet, reflecting a time of disruption through a lens of
“Over four days, our speakers and attendees will delve into global regulatory challenges,
safer gambling initiatives, security updates and technology advances impacting the
industry,” explains Ben.
“With sessions including ‘Why the Women’s World Cup 2023 will be the biggest betting
event ever’, ‘An introduction to gambling in the Metaverse’, ‘Regulating emerging
technology’, ‘Gambling–like reward mechanisms in video games’ and ‘How regulators can
use lived experience to prevent gambling harm’, it’s clear we have a richly diverse,
fascinating and relevant line–up.”
This year’s speakers include:
• Michael Morton, Senior Policy Counsel, Nevada Gaming Control Board
• Fran Thorn, Chair, Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission
• Earle Hall, VC, International Gaming Standards Association & CEO @ AXES.ai
• Andrew Rhodes, CEO, Gambling Commission United Kingdom
• Professor Sally Gainsbury, Director, Gambling Treatment and Research Clinic,
Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney
• Stephen Bryan, QC, Special Manager for the Melbourne Casino Operator
• Paul Buck, CEO, Epic Risk Management
More sessions and panellists are expected to be confirmed over the coming weeks.
Dr Jason Lane, IAGR President and Chief Executive of the Jersey Gambling
Commission, says he’s particularly looking forward to being able to greet regulators from
across the globe in person.
“Many gambling regulators, including me, couldn’t travel to last year’s conference in
Boston,” says Jason. “IAGR2022 will be an amazing opportunity to reunite, connect and
build relationships with regulators, industry stakeholders and thought leaders in person
in beautiful Melbourne.”
IAGR2022 is hosted by the Victorian Gambling and Casino Control Commission.