With more and more monetary transactions taking place online, choosing the right e-wallet is paramount. You want a method that is safe, secure, and convenient.
A service that fits that description for many people is Skrill.
In recent years, many online casinos have incorporated Skrill as one of their main banking options. And Bob Casino is no exception. We allow our players to use Skrill for both deposits and withdrawals.
And there are many reasons for this: Skrill is great for depositing and withdrawing funds quickly and securely. It also boasts great transaction anonymity and high processing speed.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Using Skrill at online casinos
- The pros and cons of using the service
- Skrill history
- The prevalence of the e-wallet
- Skrill’s loyalty programs
How to use Skrill at online casinos
For the most part, we want payment systems in casinos for only two things: for making a deposit and for the withdrawal of our winnings.
Let’s have a look at how this works with Skrill.
Making a Deposit with Skrill
- Create a Skrill account. Registration of an account in the Skrill payment system is quite simple in comparison with other e-wallets. Follow the prompts and the process should take just a few minutes. Verify your personal data.
- Create an account at your casino of choice and complete the verification procedure, if required.
- After creating your account, you can go to the deposit section of the casino and press the Skrill
- Then you should fill in your data and choose the amount you want to deposit. After this, you can use Skrill as a way to make a deposit at the casino of your choice.
While withdrawing winnings from a casino, you must remember:
- The casino’s administration can apply withdrawal and deposit charges based on the commission they themselves pay to Skrill. These fees differ for every casino. In some venues, you can withdraw without any fees.
- Most Skrill-using online casinos will have you wait up to 2 days for a cashout.
If you transfer real money using Skrill to a bank account, then you should wait for 2-3 days before it is processed and verified by the bank. The minimum amount you can withdraw is usually somewhere around 10-20 USD.
Pros and cons of using Skrill casino deposit method
Let’s have a closer look at the advantages of using Skrill and some disadvantages.
- High level of reliability. Skrill is used by millions of users and hundreds of online casinos around the world.
- Absolute anonymity is guaranteed by the company. You only need an email address and a password to open an account. Moreover, the numbers of your cards or accounts of other payment systems from which you will replenish Skrill remain known only to you, as well as the payment history.
- Developed infrastructure. Thanks to this, you can make payments not only in online casinos, but also at many other sites. For example, you can order train tickets using Skrill.
- Free registration. There is no registration fee involved in creating an account, so there are no extra costs.
- Instant replenishment of your casino account as well as the instant withdrawal of funds.
- Quick withdrawal to a bank card or a bank account (around 3 days).
- The possibility of obtaining a prepaid Skrill Prepaid MasterCard.
- 24/7 customer support.
- Prevalence in the US and Europe.
- VIP clients are provided with special conditions.
- Many currencies are available (even bitcoin).
They are licensed by the UK Financial Services Authority. Because of this, you can be sure to find Skrill on any Canadian online casino site with the fastest withdrawals, as well as on sites in New Zealand, Germany, UK and many others. In addition, the company is a respected partner of VeriSign, which helps secure all transactions with high-class 128-bit encryption. This makes all Skrill payments incredibly secure.
- Increased commission in some cases. Charges vary depending on the transactions you make. For example, any money transfers are subjected to 1.90% fees. Account funding will cost you 1% (capping out at 10 euro), while other general payments are free of charge.
- If you want to use an account free of any charges, it is necessary to carry out at least one operation during a year. Otherwise, a commission of 5 euros (or the equivalent of this amount when using another currency) will be charged monthly.
- The average withdrawal time to a bank account can be up to 5 days, which is not too fast.
- Not every casino accepts Skrill. This is probably one of its main drawbacks, since not every player wants to spend time looking for a suitable casino.
General Information about Skrill
History of Skrill
Skrill entered the online payment market in 2001 in the UK and until 2011 it conducted business under the Moneybookers brand. It is worth mentioning the most important aspect of this company is that it was initially focused on the gambling business, providing payment services for online casinos and bookmakers. In this regard, Skrill’s functionality is focused specifically on iGaming payments. It provides its services in 200 countries and about 40 million customers have already appreciated the convenience of the system.
Skrill Usage Statistics
The majority of casino venues accept Skrill. Currently, the system is used by more than 36 million people. The operation area of this payment system covers about 200 countries. Skrill also offers a multilingual interface and can work with 40 different currencies.
But there is an unpleasant hitch: there are still many countries where we’ve yet to see Skrill to be accepted by online casinos. These countries are: Togo, Cape Verde, Benin, Afghanistan, Djibouti, Guyana, Gambia, Grenada, Japan, Iran, Macao, Libya, Cuba, Comoros, Greenland, Namibia, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Angola, Burkina Faso, Lao People Democratic Republic, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Barbados, Crimea, Faroe Islands, Eritrea, North Korea, Palau, and others.
When creating a Skrill account, do not forget that you can also participate in loyalty programs. This is a great opportunity to get some bonuses from Skrill for making deposits and transactions.
Skrill Knect program
The Skrill Knect loyalty program allows you to earn loyalty points for completed transactions and exchange them for various bonuses. Let’s have a closer look:
- Participation in the program is free.
- Skrill Knect operates in over 30 countries.
- When making transactions, up to 1 point is awarded for 1 euro.
- Points can be redeemed for cash vouchers, cryptocurrency shares, free bets, in-store discounts, and other products available in the Rewards catalog.
VIP Deposits Program
Another loyalty program that supports Skrill. It offers new customers:
- Online support.
- Instant VIP status for your wallet.
- Personal account for affiliates.
- Accelerated verification (within 24 hours).
- Verification of documents without a preliminary deposit.
- 0% commission for internal transfers.
Should You Use Skrill for Gambling?
Skrill is a good payment system that has both advantages and disadvantages. Among the advantages are its high security, anonymity, loyalty programs, as well as a relatively small commission. Just make an account and start playing!
How to Use Skrill in a Casino and Why Deposit with Skrill?